Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the Book Club Blog. Please join in the fun of reading and discussing books with us. My goal for this blog is to simply have fun and learn a little bit more about myself while connecting with those around the world through great literature. Also, I want to make a real commitment to reading. This is a great weakness in my life right now. I NEED and WANT to find the time to read.

The book
The first book we'll be reading is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It was published in 2003. It's a love story about a man who has the ability to travel through time and the distant relationship he and his wife share. It's classified as a combination of science fiction and romance. The book was recently made into a movie, so no cheating, if you haven't seen the movie yet. ;) If you've seen the movie, you know the book is going to be that much better. In fact, I've read many reviews and all concur the book is better.

The set-up
Since we all lead very busy lives, we're going to start simple. We'll read 50 pages a week and discussion for those pages will begin on the following Saturday. I'll make a post with a brief synopsis and a few questions to spark discussion. You'll have the entire week until the next Saturday to post your thoughts, etc. Please leave a post below if you're going to join.

Start dates
We will begin reading The Time Traveler's Wife Monday, April 5. On Saturday, April 10 I'll post about the first three chapters and start our discussion.

Be sure to tell all your friends and get them involved! This is going to be so much fun. Please contact me if you have questions.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liss! This is a great idea! I'm going to try to read, especially since I already have the book, and join into the discussion. :)

    dw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got the book from the library tonight. Can't wait to start reading it. Just finishing up The Golden Mean then onto the Time Traveller's Wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually just read the book before Christmas.. I am still eligible to participate? :)

    ReplyDelete